Culturally and linguistically diverse women
BreastScreen Queensland is active across all communities and involves representatives from culturally and linguistic groups in its planning to ensure communication and services are appropriate.
Key initiatives include:
- Resources translated into Arabic, Vietnamese and Simplified Chinese languages
- Radiographer translations
- Procedure video
- Group bookings
- Education and information sessions provided by a health professional
- After hour appointments and specially arranged service closures
- Translators are available
Having a breastscreen:
Not sure how to go about booking a breastscreen or what happens when you have one? Follow Shan from the time she books her appointment to having her breastscreen and getting the results. This video has been translated into Arabic, Vietnamese and Mandarin.
Galila talks from the heart in her own language
What do other women think?
Last reviewed 13 June 2018 Last updated 15 June 2018